Thursday, December 2, 2010

No pics this time...

No pictures today...in fact, I wasn't even going to post.  But yesterday was my husband's and my fourth wedding anniversary.  Other than the fact that I hurt my back a little bit yesterday by bending and twisting wrong, it was a good day.  I picked up the kids from daycare and we went to Sprouts, which is a natural health-food store near our house.  We picked up all kinds of fresh goodies like asparagus (which is really inexpensive right now, as it's in-season), organic apples, shrimp, potatoes, etc.  I even let Cash pick out the yogurts that he wanted.  So now he has no one else to blame if he doesn't like a particular flavor!

We went home and I put Lily in her swing chair and made meatballs for Cash's dinner.  Fed him and put him in the shower, then laid Lily down for a nap...that turned into the rest of the evening.  Gave Cash his night time story, gave him his flashlight (to protect him from the kitty's that are outside...no, I have no idea, but that kid has a HUGE imagination), we said our prayers and then I tucked him in for the night.

Since last night my husband didn't get off until 7:30, I then went into the kitchen and started peeling potatoes.  I ended up making homemade scalloped potatoes (the kind with heavy cream and lotsa BUTTER!), oven-roasted asparagus and shrimp (with garlic, chili flakes & lemon) in a pan, with again, you guessed it, lotsa BUTTER!  I also had a loaf of bread that we were going to use to sop up the extra shrimp butter, but we're saving the leftover shrimp & the loaf of bread for today instead.  I gotta tell ya, it was like gourmet cooking up in my kitchen yesterday. :)

Anyway, I'm wishing everyone a wonderful today!  Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment