Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fritz the rabbit....RIP

Well, this past weekend, I'm running errands (Post Office, groceries, etc.) with baby Lily.  Cash has stayed the night at my parents house.  Well, I called my husband to check in on him and to be really honest, make sure he was up for the day. :)  The hubs works a really odd schedule.  I asked him to make sure the chickens were fed, and we hung up.  Well...about five minutes later, I received a phone call from him, telling me that Fritz had died.  Actually, that he was murdered, if one can apply that adjective to a pet.

Apparently, something was hunting, and it got into the chicken coop area where we keep our chickens.  Fritz had his own little hutch in there as well.  Hubs is speculating that it was a raccoon.  A raccoon?!?!  A raccoon could butcher a mostly-defenseless little rabbit?  I had no idea, but I felt bad for Fritz, cause from what I was told, he was not a pretty sight.  All of poor Fritz was promptly buried by my husband, next to our previous rabbit, Stu.  Thank God for my husband, who in all his glory takes care of his family, with both the good parts and the bad parts. 

So Fritz, may you rest in peace and be forever hopping around in bunny heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Fritz. Raccoons are evil little beings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! We have caught 2 racoons and 2 possums (or oppossums rather) in our live trap in our chicken pen in about the last 3 weeks. Again, very sorry...

    ReplyDelete