Monday, November 22, 2010

First post

Most people call me Dee, although in my work life I'm known as Danielle and this is my first blog ever.  There are a lot of things I am into around the house, including organic gardening, canning, cooking from scratch, sewing and oh yeah, raising my two babies with my sweetheart of a husband.  I'm married to a great guy named Aaron who (sometimes) enjoys my sarcastic side.  We have a son Cash who is 3 1/2 and a daughter named Lily who is 5 months old.

This past weekend I finally finished a dress for my daughter.  I'm crossing my fingers that she hasn't grown out of it, before it's even finished!  Here it is in the process of sewing...
Lily's dress 2   

Lily sewing dress

And here it is finally finished...
Lily in dress
Lily in the dress (that's about 6 months too big!)
Bonnet
Side view of the bonnet.
Bonnet2
Back view of the bonnet.

Overall, I think this turned out pretty well for my first year of sewing. *patting myself on the back*

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogger!!! I'm on here too....check out my site.

    I'm so jealous of your sewing skills.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging.

    Luckydame sent me over, so here I am! Darling outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my sister-in-law with the above comment, by the way. :P

    ReplyDelete